New! Startline Young Driver Experience
Buying as a Christmas Gift?
Click on the Christmas banner above for our Christmas Gift page as...
Castle Combe Circuit is giving FREE Gifts on all Driving Experience Gift Vouchers purchased this Christmas!
From White Knuckle Ride Gift Vouchers to Monetary Gift Vouchers, Season Passes, Race Meetings and more, there are FREE Gifts on all Driving Experience Gift Voucher purchased this Christmas! Just click on the Christmas banner above for the Christmas promotional page!
So, what is Startline…?
Castle Combe Circuit’s NEW and IMPROVED Young Driver Scheme for 12-16 year olds!
... why wait until you’re 17 years old to get behind the wheel?
You now don’t have to wait until you’re 17 years old to get behind the wheel as Castle Combe Circuit launches its NEW and IMPROVED Young Driver Scheme, Startline…
- Learn within the safe confines of Castle Combe Circuit with tarmac paddock and circuit laid out to simulate real road conditions
- Let our DSA (Driving Standards Agency) Instructors teach you some basic manoeuvring skills including car control, road positioning, the use of the pedals and gears and driving co-ordination
- All cars are dual controlled
- All instructors are CRB registered
- Young drivers must be aged between 12-16 years and over 4’8” in height
- Maximum speed 30mph (Starter Drive) and 40mph (Advanced Drive)
- This is a "shared" driving experience. Maximum of 3 students per car.
What are our customers saying...?
"This was the best experience I've ever had" (A. Mundin, aged 13yrs, who received the Advanced Drive Course for a birthday present).
Purchasing a Startline Young Driver Experience as a Gift...?
Then look no further! You can purchase your gift for a specific time/date OR as a Gift Voucher. All Gift vouchers are valid for 12-months from date of purchase and come in an attractive presentation pack.
What does Startline entail...
Two Startline Young Driver Experiences are available to purchase
(a) Starter Driver... please see details below
(b) Advanced Drive... please see details below
Option A: Starter Drive
This 2-hour course starts with a full briefing... details on the course, explaining about safety and introducing you to your instructor and fellow drivers with whom you'll be sharing the car.
This is followed by 3 x driving sessions…
- Approx 15 minutes taking in the simulated road route within the Paddock area giving you the chance to learn basic driving skills and tackle simulated roundabouts, junctions and pedestrian crossings.
- Approx 15 minutes building on experience and confidence and even trying your hand at reversing.
- Your final drive will take you out on the circuit… it’s time to impress your friends, family and classmates as you drive a lap of the famous Castle Combe International Race Circuit following in the wheels of motor racing greats including Ayrton Senna, Nigel Mansell and David Coulthard!
Approx. 2-hour course with around 35 minutes actual driving time
£49 per young driver aged 12-16yrs
Option B: Advanced Drive
This 4-hour course starts with a safety briefing before you experience the ‘Beer Goggle Walk’ which gives you some indication of the influence of alcohol and how it effects driving. Meet your instructor and fellow drivers with whom you’ll be sharing the car and then it’s drivetime..!
- Approx 20 minute introduction focussing on feet/hand co-ordination tackling the Paddock roadway system allowing “real road situations” but in a safe traffic free environment
- Short debrief before its back into the car for a further 20 minutes driving but this time on a real motor racing circuit - Castle Combe International Race Circuit - which is still used regularly throughout the year for motor racing. Speed limits will be maintained.
- Then it’s the POWDER check (Petrol, Oil, Water, Damage, Electrics & Rubber), the basic safety checks all drivers should follow
- Final drive of approx. 25 minutes on the circuit to further develop your braking and cornering techniques
- A short debrief will end your session with a presentation of your Startline Advanced Drive Certificate.
Approx. 4-hour course with over 1hr of actual driving time
£85 per young driver aged 12-16yrs
Startline Starter Drive
|17/02/2014 @ 08:30||
|17/02/2014 @ 10:45||
|Fully Booked||Fully Booked|
|07/04/2014 @ 08:30||
|07/04/2014 @ 10:45||
Startline Advanced Drive
|17/02/2014 @ 13:00||
|Fully Booked||Fully Booked|
|07/04/2014 @ 13:00||
Gift vouchers also available (valid for 12-months from date of purchase).
If you have more people in your party than the maximum number shown, then please call us.