Driving Experience Advanced
*IF YOU ARE DUE TO MISS OR HAVE MISSED A BOOKING, OR YOUR VOUCHER HAS EXPIRED DUE TO COVID-19, PLEASE CONTACT US ON 01249 479220. TO FIND OUT HOW WE ARE KEEPING CUSTOMERS SAFE ON OUR DRIVING EXPERIENCES PLEASE REFER TO COMMON QUESTIONS BELOW
IF YOU HAVE BOOKED A THIRD PARTY EXPERIENCE DAY, PLEASE CONTACT THE ORGANISER OF THAT COURSE TO CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR BOOKING*
A fabulous day out and your chance to get behind the wheel of a duo of the finest sports cars around, the Driving Experience – Advanced is sure to get the adrenaline pumping!
Setting off in a 221bhp Ford Focus ST2 as you familiarise yourself with the stunning 1.85-mile Castle Combe Circuit, followed with some unforgettable laps in a mid-engined, two-seater Lotus Elise!
The day concludes with a group debrief and certificate presentation with a prize on offer for ‘driver of the day’!
- Approximately 3 hours in total
- 3 Passenger instruction laps in Ford Focus ST2
- 4 Driving Analysis laps in Ford Focus ST2
- 2 Passenger demonstration laps in Lotus Elise
- 5 Driving laps in Lotus Elise
- 9 driving laps in total (incl in & out laps)
- 25.9 miles covered
- Ford Focus ST2
- Lotus Elise
- Driving Experiences can either be bought for a specific date or as an open voucher, to purchase a voucher click here
- All vouchers are valid for 18 months from the date of purchase
- Delivered in an attractive Gift Pack
|We'd like to reassure you that your ticket booking is COVID-Secure. This means that should we be unable to run the event due to government restrictions, we guarantee that will issue you with a credit note to re-book your ticket for an alternative date.|
Fri 16 July 2021
Driving Experience Advanced£255.00
Sat 28 August 2021
Driving Experience Advanced£255.00
Keeping Customers Safe During COVID-19
Castle Combe Racing School driving experiences are scheduled to resume in April with spaces currently available.
Third party providers may also have dates, but to book these you would need to contact the provider directly.
Please note, these experiences will run under the following restrictions (set until June 21st):
- Only family members from the same household should be attending.
- No additional spectators are permitted.
- Briefings will be carried out in small groups.
- All cars are cleaned in between use.
- If you need to re-book or change dates, please contact Doreenm@castlecombecircuit.co.uk
- Group briefing inc. details of how to drive the 'racing line'
- Sighting laps in Castle Combe course cars in groups with your instructor driving
- Driving laps - your turn to drive Castle Combe Circuit as it is on race days - no extra chicanes or speed restrictions!
- Individual driving analysis with your instructor
- Group debrief and certificate presentation with a prize on offer for the 'Drive of the Day'!
Do you have to have a full driving licence to take part?
Yes and it must be a current licence (unless on the Startline Courses which are targeted towards children aged 12-16yrs before they take their driving test. Click here for details).
Is there an age limit?
No, as long as you have a full UK driving licence.
Are Spectators welcome?
Not currently due to COVID 19. However, usually yes, full catering and toilet facilities are available with covered viewing areas accessible via the Strawford Centre and outdoor viewing areas around the track.
Do you go ahead if it is raining?
Yes, but obviously we will keep an eye on the weather and if it gets worse then we will rethink, but if you are not contacted you must turn up on the day. If we do need to cancel, then another date can be arranged.
Is there anywhere undercover in case of bad weather?
Yes. Cafe Bar H will be open and the top floor of the Strawford Centre offers great views of the circuit.
What do I do about food during the day?
Cafe Bar H will be open and offers a selection of snacks, drinks and meals. They accommodate the majority of dietary needs. It offers both indoor and outdoor seating (subject to time of year).
Is there a weight limit?
Due to the nature of the cars provided, recommended height and weight restrictions do apply to some of the driving experience courses – please see below.
Driving Experience: min 5’1” max 6’4” 20 stone
Driving Experience Advanced: min 5’1” Max 6’2” 16 stone
Single Seater Course: min 5’1” max 6’3” 15 stone
Lotus Driving Experience: min 5’1” Max 6’2” 16 stone
Rally Driving Experience: min 5’1” max 6’4” 16 stone
Please note that these are for guideline purposes only and we have squeezed bigger and smaller people into the cars on the day… sometimes it’s just down to comfort!
Please do contact the Castle Combe Circuit on 01249 479220 if you would like to discuss further… we will always do our best to accommodate where possible!
My son/daughter has only just passed his/her driving test, which course would you recommend?
Probably the Single Seater Driving Experience, as they will be able to experience 2 types of driving and also have one to one tuition with an Instructor.
Do you need to be an experienced driver to book on the Advanced or Elise courses?
No – the Advanced/Elise driving experiences will give you more driving time, extra laps and extra tuition in the saloons.
Are you allowed to race against each other?
No, it is not something we encourage and this will be explained in the safety briefing.
How many people are on the same course, and if I book more than one person in together, will they be in the same group?
The numbers vary according to both the course booked and the time of year. We can make sure that groups (subject to size) are put together, please advise at the time of booking. Our groups are usually 5 per instructor.
Ford Focus ST2
- Top speed - 152 mph
- 0-60 - 6.6 sec
- Power - 221 bhp
- Top speed - 126 mph
- 0-60 - 5.7 sec
- Power - 126 bhp
- All are accredited members of the Association of Racing Driver Schools (ARDS) and complete annual license reviews