Startline 1st Gear
**IF YOU HAVE MISSED A BOOKING, OR YOUR VOUCHER HAS EXPIRED DUE TO COVID-19, PLEASE CONTACT US ON 01249 479220
ALSO PLEASE READ THE FAQS BELOW FOR NEW REGULATIONS IN LIGHT OF COVID-19**
First introduction to driving, ideal if you've never been behind a wheel before! Gain confidence in clutch control and use of foot controls to move off, stop and steer. Taking part on the actual race track, the circuit is set up to simulate real road conditions with roundabouts, lanes and stop signs.
Please note: Minimum height of students; 4’8
LIMITED spaces available for under 14's. Please call the office to guarantee a time and space for ages 12-13. Otherwise we may need to rearrange your booking.
- 35 minute one-to-one driving experience on the track
- Interactive Garage Session
- Certificate presentation on the Castle Combe Winners' Podium!
- Group introduction and Safety Briefing
- Learning Skills
- Clutch Control
- Moving Off
- Steering Control
- Changing Gears
- Debrief and Certificate Presentation
We have three levels of our Startline Under 17s Courses, available from beginner to experienced.
'The Three Course Bundle' is all three course levels sold at once, for more information and to book click here.
Good news! This activity also goes towards The Duke of Edinburgh Award. Find out more: www.dofe.org
*Subject to change
Sun 11 October 2020
Startline Starter Drive£55.00
Sun 08 November 2020
Startline Starter Drive£55.00
PLEASE NOTE THE BELOW MUST BE ADHERED TO IN KEEPING WITH GOVERNMENT GUIDANCE DUE TO COVID-19
- Only the participant & ONE parent/guardian will be granted access (please do NOT bring spectators, friends, etc.)
- Please ensure the participant & parent/guardian bring & wear face masks
- To ensure the safety of both participants & instructors, group sizes have been reduced and course timings staggered – please note the timings on your booking
- Please follow any one-way signage in the briefing areas
- All cars have been prepared as per measures stipulated by the government for operating safe driving lessons. Cars will be thoroughly cleaned between each pupil and a new seat cover will be used for each pupil.
- Instructors will be wearing face masks and wash their hands between each session. Hand gel will be provided for each participant as they enter the car.
- Please note we are currently unable to run the 2nd Gear interactive group theory session. Instead, pupils will be provided with a multiple-choice theory quiz to do at their convenience – either whilst waiting to drive or at home
- Participant certificates will be posted after the course
- Pupils should wear comfortable clothing with long sleeved tops
- If the participant, parent/guardian or a member of your household are experiencing any known Covid-19 symptoms, please do NOT attend – please let us know and your booking will be moved to another date free of charge
- The symptoms of Covid-19 are; Fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, temperature, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, bluish lips or face, loss or change to your sense of smell or taste. A noticeable change to either of these senses.
- Please ensure you maintain social distancing at ALL TIMES (min. 2m)
What you need to know:
- Circuit laid out to simulate real road conditions
- Entire course lasts approx 1 hour 10 mins
- DVSA approved Instructors, all CRB registered
- Dual Controlled cars
- Controlled speeds
- Minimum height of students; 4’8
- Timings of courses are approximate
- Available to book for a particular date or to buy as a gift voucher valid for 12 months from date of purchase