Startline 2nd Gear
**IF YOU HAVE MISSED A BOOKING, OR YOUR VOUCHER HAS EXPIRED DUE TO COVID-19, PLEASE CONTACT US ON 01249 479220
ALSO PLEASE READ THE FAQS BELOW FOR NEW REGULATIONS IN LIGHT OF COVID-19**
LIMITED spaces available for under 14's. Please call the office to guarantee a time and space for ages 12-13. Otherwise we may need to rearrange your booking.
The ideal course for those with little or no experience behind the wheel, who want a bit more driving time to introduce the theory aspects of driving and road safety.
You might not have ever driven before or perhaps done the 1st Gear Experience; all are welcome!
Taking part on the actual race track, the circuit is set up to simulate real road conditions with roundabouts, lanes, traffic lights, speed zones and stop junctions.
- 60 minute one-to-one driving experience
- 30 minute garage session, covering theory and interactive learning
- Debrief with your instructor
- Certificate presentation on the Castle Combe Winners' Podium!
- Group introduction and safety briefing
- Learning Skills
- Moving Off
- Steering Control
- Changing Gear
- Planning and Awareness for speed changes
- Practising approaching speeds to traffic lights and how to stop at correct position
- Learning to bay park on the left or right
- Debrief and certificate presentation
- Accompanied garage session to introduce the theory of driving + show me, tell me questions
- Beer goggle experience
- Theory quizzes
- Sit and learn controls in Honda Racing Car
There are three levels of Startline Under 17s Courses, available from beginner to experienced (1st Gear, 2nd Gear and 3rd Gear).
'The Three Course Bundle' is all three courses available to book together saving you 15%, for more information and to book click here.
Good news! This activity also goes towards The Duke of Edinburgh Award. Find out more: www.dofe.org
*Subject to change
- Driving Experiences can either be bought for a specific date or as an open voucher
- All vouchers are valid for 18 months from the date of purchase
- Delivered in an attractive Gift Pack
|We'd like to reassure you that your ticket booking is COVID-Secure. This means that should we be unable to run the event due to government restrictions, we guarantee that will issue you with a credit note to re-book your ticket for an alternative date.|
Sun 24 October 2021
Startline Advanced Drive£100.00
Sun 07 November 2021
Startline Advanced Drive£100.00
PLEASE NOTE THE BELOW MUST BE ADHERED TO IN KEEPING WITH GOVERNMENT GUIDANCE DUE TO COVID-19
- Only the participant & ONE parent/guardian will be granted access (please do NOT bring spectators, friends, etc.)
- Please ensure the participant & parent/guardian bring & wear face masks
- To ensure the safety of both participants & instructors, group sizes have been reduced and course timings staggered – please note the timings on your booking
- Please follow any one-way signage in the briefing areas
- All cars have been prepared as per measures stipulated by the government for operating safe driving lessons. Cars will be thoroughly cleaned between each pupil and a new seat cover will be used for each pupil.
- Instructors will be wearing face masks and wash their hands between each session. Hand gel will be provided for each participant as they enter the car.
- Please note we are currently unable to run the 2nd Gear interactive group theory session. Instead, pupils will be provided with a multiple-choice theory quiz to do at their convenience – either whilst waiting to drive or at home
- Participant certificates will be posted after the course
- Pupils should wear comfortable clothing with long sleeved tops
- If the participant, parent/guardian or a member of your household are experiencing any known Covid-19 symptoms, please do NOT attend – please let us know and your booking will be moved to another date free of charge
- The symptoms of Covid-19 are; Fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, temperature, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, bluish lips or face, loss or change to your sense of smell or taste. A noticeable change to either of these senses.
- Please ensure you maintain social distancing at ALL TIMES (min. 2m)
What you need to know:
- Circuit laid out to simulate real road conditions
- Total Experience lasts approx 1 hour 30 minutes
- DSA Instructors, all CRB registered
- Dual Controlled cars
- Controlled speeds
- Minimum height of students; 4’8
- Available to book for a particular date or to buy as a gift voucher valid for 12 months from date of purchase
- Overall course time approx 2hours