Startline 3rd Gear
**IF YOU HAVE MISSED A BOOKING, OR YOUR VOUCHER HAS EXPIRED DUE TO COVID-19, PLEASE CONTACT US ON 01249 479220
ALSO PLEASE READ THE FAQS BELOW FOR NEW REGULATIONS IN LIGHT OF COVID-19**
LIMITED AVAILABILITY - To book, please call the circuit office on 01249 479220
Please note: Minimum height of students; 4’8
If you've completed the 2nd Gear Experience, or have clutch control experience - go on to complete the final course in the programme!
The ultimate experience to get ahead before you have your first on-the-road lesson. Learn just as you would when turning 17, introducing the most important routine: Mirror, Signal, Manoeuvre. Get more miles under your belt and practise those skills you have already learnt.
- A 70 minute 1 to 1 driving lesson set on the race circuit
- Go over the basics learnt in the advance course before continuing to get more miles under your belt and practice of those driving test maneuvers!
- Set up to simulate real road conditions with roundabouts, lanes, traffic lights, speed zones and stop junctions
- Safety briefing and introduction
- Practise Mirror, Signal, Manoeuvre routine when: Moving off, Stopping, Reversing, Changing Speed
- Improve confidence in changing up and down the gears, dealing with roundabouts and traffic lights and planning for changes of speed limits
- Learn the correct way to emergency stop
- Learn how to turn the car around with a turn in the road
- Debrief with your instructor, driving analysis sheet and certificate presentation at the Castle Combe Winners' Podium
- Assessment sheets to take to your instructor when you start lessons
We have three levels of our Startline Under 17s Courses, available from beginner to experienced.
'The Three Course Bundle' is all three course levels sold at once, for more information and to book click here.
Good news! This activity also goes towards The Duke of Edinburgh Award. Find out more: www.dofe.org
*Subject to change
Sun 11 October 2020
Startline Advanced Plus£115.00
Sun 08 November 2020
Startline Advanced Plus£115.00
PLEASE NOTE THE BELOW MUST BE ADHERED TO IN KEEPING WITH GOVERNMENT GUIDANCE DUE TO COVID-19
- Only the participant & ONE parent/guardian will be granted access (please do NOT bring spectators, friends, etc.)
- Please ensure the participant & parent/guardian bring & wear face masks
- To ensure the safety of both participants & instructors, group sizes have been reduced and course timings staggered – please note the timings on your booking
- Please follow any one-way signage in the briefing areas
- All cars have been prepared as per measures stipulated by the government for operating safe driving lessons. Cars will be thoroughly cleaned between each pupil and a new seat cover will be used for each pupil.
- Instructors will be wearing face masks and wash their hands between each session. Hand gel will be provided for each participant as they enter the car.
- Please note we are currently unable to run the 2nd Gear interactive group theory session. Instead, pupils will be provided with a multiple-choice theory quiz to do at their convenience – either whilst waiting to drive or at home
- Participant certificates will be posted after the course
- Pupils should wear comfortable clothing with long sleeved tops
- If the participant, parent/guardian or a member of your household are experiencing any known Covid-19 symptoms, please do NOT attend – please let us know and your booking will be moved to another date free of charge
- The symptoms of Covid-19 are; Fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, temperature, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, bluish lips or face, loss or change to your sense of smell or taste. A noticeable change to either of these senses.
- Please ensure you maintain social distancing at ALL TIMES (min. 2m)