- Learn how to link reference points
- Understand where your focus should be
- Understand how speed affects your vision
- Understand the stages of braking
- Trail braking
- Gain a basic understanding of neutral zones.
- Basic introduction to tyre dynamics in braking
- Identifying reference points/limit point
- Understand the effect different road/track position has on cornering
- Increase confidence with later braking and trail braking to the apex
- Application of gearing – understanding relationship between engine speed and road speed
- Optimise counter steering skill
- Understand how to maximise stability mid corner
- Understand the importance of throttle control mid corner
- Understand tyre grip and the factors affecting it
- Understand the importance of vision on corner exit
- Optimise body positioning mid corner
- Understand the elements that effect speed of turn and corner speed
- The racing line – understand the different racing lines that can be taken.
- Understand how body position effects machine handling and dynamics
- Understand anchor points and how head position affects body position
- Understand how to move on the machine to optimise corner speed and grip
Machine Set Up
- Suspension set-up – grasp the basics of suspension set up and how this can be optimised.
- Tyres– learn more about tyre choice and what affects their performance.