It goes without saying that Covid-19 has had a significant impact on Castle Combe Circuit and the way it has operated this year, with reduced capacities, cancelled events and staffing issues. However, since the start of July, the venue has successfully run four race meetings ‘behind closed doors’ in-line with Motorsport UK’s guidance of not allowing spectators.
Working hard with all associated parties, we are now pleased to be in a position to offer an extremely limited number of public visitors to attend the Autumn Classic race weekend (3-4 October).
This has not been easy to plan, and there will be a number of factors in place to enable the circuit to carry this out whilst still adhering to strict Covid-19, health & safety and insurance guidelines:
- There will be a very small number of advance tickets available to purchase before the event. These are available now, until 12pm on Friday, 2 October. Book here: https://castlecombecircuit.co.uk/race-days/autumn-classic-racing-festival
- Unlike other Castle Combe events, tickets will NOT be physical paper copies – instead your name will be ticked off a list upon arrival
- All visitor access will be via Quarry corner, with spectating from limited areas around the circuit. Visitors will also have access to the club car displays at Camp Corner
- No spectator access to the race paddock or the Chippenham Road area on either day
- No ‘Special Features’ in the paddock – the only static displays will be the club cars that are in attendance (near Camp Corner)
- Those allowed in public areas must stay in public areas, and those allowed in the paddock areas must stay in the paddock areas – this is extremely important and a major factor in us being able to offer admission
- There will be extra security measures in place throughout the venue
- It is hugely important that you adhere to the rule of not gathering in groups larger than six. This will be strictly monitored throughout the event
- No one currently living in a ‘local lockdown’ area must attend. If you fall into this category and have already purchased tickets, please contact us (email address below) for assistance
- No-one under the age of 17 to attend. This is due to capacities and this event being a test for future events
- We strongly advise the use of face coverings, especially in all indoor areas around the venue. The more spectators that follow this advice, the more likely we are to open up on a larger scale soon
The only tickets available are standard day admission passes, at £20 (+ booking fee) for one day, or £38 (+ booking fee) for both days. There will not be any public overnight stays, and everyone will need to vacate at the end of each day’s action.
Anyone with a season/local pass or advanced ticket will need to contact us to advise whether they will be attending, for track and trace purposes. All names will be ticked off on arrival and anyone who has not pre-registered will not be able to obtain access.
This has taken a lot of planning and work during what is a very difficult period for all. We would appreciate your support and require everyone adhering to the guidelines. If this test event proves to be successful, we can hopefully look at offering day tickets to other race meetings this year.
- If you have any questions or queries then please email email@example.com
- Click here for tickets and more information about the Autumn Classic race weekend: https://castlecombecircuit.co.uk/race-days/autumn-classic-racing-festival